TO RUN IN THE BUHS ELECTION PLEASE COMPLETE THE DOCUMENT BELOW AND EMAIL IT TO firstname.lastname@example.org
BUHS ELECTIONS NOMINATION KIT 2019
- Fill out the Candidate Information below and Attestation of Academic Standing.
- Complete the Pen Sketch page and send an electronic copy to email@example.com.
- Read the Departmental Electoral By-laws and the relevant constitution articles to be found at
- Submit the kit by the appropriate deadline, keeping a photocopy of all completed forms.
- Ensure a BUHS staff member signs this document. (You will be notified by e-mail that the document has been signed as received)
List of Positions
- Social Media Coordinator (1 position available)
- Events Manager (5 positions available)
DEPARTMENTAL ELECTION DATES:
Nomination Period for Executive Positions: Tuesday March 26th to Monday April 8th
Campaign Period: Monday April 8th – Friday April 12th
Polling Period: Friday April 12th –Tuesday April 16th
Elections Announcements: Through BUHS Social Media after polling period is complete.
I have completed all of the instructions listed above:
Name (PRINT AND SIGN): _______________________________________________
Student Number: ______________________ Position Sought _____________________
Phone Number _____________________ E-Mail address: _______________________
ATTESTATION OF ACADEMIC STANDING
I, ______________________, hereby state that I am in Satisfactory Academic Standing and authorize Elections BUHS to confirm such information with the Registrar of Brock University:
CONFIRMATION OF RECEIPT TO BE COMPLETED BY ELECTIONS BUHS
This nomination was received on (date/time): ___________________________________
By (print name): ____________________________________
ELECTIONS BUHS CONTACT INFORMATION
If you wish to contact Elections BUHS officers, you may send an email at:
All candidates should write a brief outline about themselves, their qualifications and the ideas that they will bring to the position being sought. This information will be posted on the online voting system, BUHS social media.
YOUR TEXT MAY NOT EXCEED 100 WORDS IN LENGTH; EXCESS WORDS WILL BE CUT.
GENERAL POSITION’S INFORMATION
Social Media Coordinator
- To promote and oversee communication between the Society and its membership utilizing a variety of media, including, but not limited to website(s), social media, and print media.
- To maintain an up-to-date feed on all media avenues.
- To take photos at all events and make sure they are posted promptly.
Events Manager (5 Positions Available)
- To coordinate and oversee the programming of activities and social events of the Society in a manner that is consistent with the constitution and policies of the BUHS Executive Committee.
- To obtain all necessary paperwork and secure all necessary reservations for Society event, including, but not limited to: permits, room bookings, and table bookings.
- To coordinate events with affiliated organizations.
- To work with the executive team to publicize activities and events.
- The Events Manager shall also perform other duties as may be deemed necessary by the BUHS Executive Committee.
End of Elections Kit
Everyone is welcome to join BUHS! Being a history major is not mandatory to be involved. Open meetings will be held once every two weeks. At open meetings volunteer opportunities, event ideas and opportunities to get involved with the local history community will be discussed. Feel free to attend and to share your ideas! Dates for our meetings can be found through our calendar and on our social media pages. There is no charge to become a member and no commitment is required; just come to our meetings and events!
The executive team is in charge of planning events throughout the year. We focus on having a mix of social and academic events, encouraging student engagement with the local history community and working closely with the Brock University Department of History! Applications to join the executive team are accepted at the end of the winter term each year. First year representative applications will open late August and will end on September 30.
First Year Representative Applications Begin September 2019
The Brock University Historical Society (BUHS) is looking for passionate first year History undergraduate students for 2019/2020
Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
The responsibilities of first year representatives include:
- To learn about–and become familiar with–the BUHS
- To become familiar with the Brock history community
- Responsible for planning at least one individual event over the course of their term with the help of the executive team
- To promote the club to other first year students and report what first year students would like to see from BUHS
- Shadow upper year executive members
- Assist the executive team with event planning and the general coordination of the club.
Please attach your resumé and the following information in your e-mail:
- Your class schedule for the fall and winter term (in order to determine your availability for monthly BUHS executive meetings)
- What ideas can you bring to BUHS and what expectations do you have for the club? (There is no word limit)
Deadline: September 30, 2019 by midnight
The best way to keep up to date with our events is through our social media pages and email list, all of which will be updated regularly.